Reach out – we are here to help
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? We have answers! Here’s a little help from the team at The Village at Commonwealth to make sure you don’t overlook something important. Contact us with any other questions or concerns.
1308 Lorna Street
Charlotte, NC 28205
Emergency Maintenance: 704.332.1900
You may apply for an apartment by completing an application available at our leasing office, or please fill out our online application.
Our leasing requirements include a completed and approved rental application, an application fee of $99 per lease holder, $75 for additional occupants, a deposit of $300 with approved credit, and proof of income or financial means.
All lease holders must be 21 years of age or older. Residents under the age of 18 may reside at our community with a parent or legal guardian. We do not accept co-signers or guarantors.
Yes. A waiting list is offered year round. The benefit of our waiting list is our leasing staff will monitor availability for your time frame and contact you once an address is available. Contact our leasing staff for more info.
The residents of The Village at Commonwealth are responsible for power through Duke Energy, water (with sewer, trash, and storm water) through Velocity (this utility bill will be set up for you by our office), cable or satellite television, telephone, and internet.
To ensure all utilities are connected on the day of your move-in, you must make arrangements in advance for the connection of your utilities (deposits required).Proof of power connection is required to collect keys.
We currently arrange for (and you pay) for your:
- Sewer service
- Trash and recycle removal
Utilities you must arrange for yourself:
- Power – Duke Energy 1-800-777-9898 (required for move in)
- Cable & Internet – Time Warner, AT&T
- Phone – AT&T
YES, RENTER'S INSURANCE IS REQUIRED! Damage caused by a resident is usually the financial responsibility of that resident, not the property owner. To fulfill lease obligations and to protect liability risks, residents are required to provide evidence of liability or property damage insurance at a minimum limit of $100,000. Residents may choose the insurance company and policy limits that are most appropriate for each situation, providing the minimum limit is satisfied. Please inform the insurance provider to have the The Village at Commonwealth listed on the policy as an "interested party".
For the convenience of residents that do not have a specific insurance agent identified, we have arranged for a convenient, affordable insurance option for this community. First American Property & Casualty Insurance Company has made available Renters Insurance Select, an insurance program developed for multifamily residents. There is no application, no credit check and acceptance is guaranteed for residents of this community!
To learn more about this coverage, obtain a premium quote or purchase a policy please visit www.erenterplan.com, and identify yourself as a resident of this community. For additional questions please call the customer service team toll-free at 888-512-4204.
Yes, your pet cat(s) or dog(s) are welcome at The Village! Our pet weight limit is 100 pounds (max 2 pets, combined), and we do restrict aggressive breeds (as well as mixed breeds that include any parts of a breed we deem aggressive). However, we now accept dogs over 100 pounds on the first floor only. Please see our pet friendly page or call the leasing office for details.
Chantilly Montessori Elementary School
701 Briar Creek Rd, Charlotte, NC 28205
Eastway Middle School
1501 Norland Rd, Charlotte, NC 28205
Myers Park High School
2400 Colony Rd, Charlotte, NC 28209
9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Ave, Charlotte, NC 28207
Many find moving day less hectic if the lease/paperwork is completed prior to your move-in date. This will allow you time to review and be clear on all the material before you move in. Just call the office at 704.332.1900, arrange to have your lease prepared, and we'll have it ready for your signature in advance of your move.
Any other moving tips?
- Contact a moving company or reserve a moving truck (allow 2-4 weeks' notice in the summer).
- Consider holding a garage sale, or selling your unnecessary items online so others can reuse them.
- Find boxes to reuse in your area by visiting websites like www.boxquest.com.
- Another Green option, try renting moving boxes www.bungobox.com/charlotte-moving-boxes can save time, money and the environment.
- Label boxes; list/inventory all boxes and keep a copy in a safe place.
- Use smaller boxes for heavier objects (i.e., books, computers).
- Cut back on the bubble wrap. Use old newspapers for non-fragile items and utilize sheets or towels.
- Look for environmentally-friendly cleaning products to clean up your old place.
- Boxes can be broken down and disposed of in our recycling area.
- Schedule and confirm a planned starting time with those who are moving you.
- Elevator access is an option for some homes. Please email to reserve elevator service well in advance of move in day. Elevator reservations are first come first serve.
- Assign someone to check-off boxes as they are delivered.
- Prepare a simple meal ahead of time or have extra money to eat out/order in.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS:
- Postal service of your new address (kits available at the post office) or online at moversguide.usps.com
- Magazines, doctors/dentists, schools, credit card/bank companies, etc.
How many? How Big?
A total number of 2 pets are allowed at The Village at Commonwealth. We now accept dogs over 100 pounds on the first floor only, otherwise pets must weigh no more than a total of 100 pounds, combined (max growth). Immunization papers and photo required.
The Village at Commonwealth requires a non-refundable pet fee of $375 for first pet, and $125 for second pet, and a $20 monthly pet rent is required for dogs. Contact the leasing office for more details. For more info, click to read our comprehensive pet guidelines below: